autoplug element in decodebin when there is no availabe decoder

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 29 03:05:49 PST 2013

On Do, 2013-11-28 at 15:06 +0900, Wonchul Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using vdecsink element instead of video decoder and sink element at
> the end of pipeline by using playbin.
> It takes a role both of video decoder and sink element as a single sink
> element.
> The reason why H/W decoder that is tightly coupled with others.
> Thus in my decodebin, there is no decoder available but it can
> constructed well till the multiqueue.
>
> My question is, how can I autoplug h264 parser element after multiqueue
> located in decodebin.
> If there is no decoder available, decodebin finish autoplugging after
> adding multiqueue element in it.
> Is there a good way to continue autoplugging it?

With GStreamer 1.x it should always plug a parser before passing the
h264 to your sink (otherwise you found a bug).

However your sink should also specify the stream-format and alignment it
requires for h264 on the sinkpad caps, e.g.
"video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream,alignment=au"

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com