GStreamer 1.2.1, vs2013, cinder 0.8.5 and a 'hello world'

Lasse Laursen gazoo at 42.dk
Sat Nov 30 21:56:21 PST 2013

Hey everybody,

Thanks for helping me out - I can now compile and the app calling
gStreamer in Vs2013!

For the sake of helping others out using windows, the environment
variables I had to set were:

User Variables:

GST_PLUGIN_PATH = D:\SDKS\gstreamer\1.0\x86\lib
GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86 = D:\SDKS\gstreamer\1.0\x86\

System Variables:

Added to PATH = %GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86%\bin;

These will of course have to be modified to fit your own system!

2 Questions come to mind for me regarding this:

1) I'm not too keen on adding environment variables. Is it possible to
set some of these values some how during runtime?

2) If it ever comes to the point that I'm keen on distributing the app
I'm building that makes use of gStreamer, in addition to of course being
compliant with the licenses, would I need to have them also install
gStreamer in its entirety (minus the dev parts) in order to make things run?

Regards,

Gazoo