My simple transcoding app hangs, code review requested

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:45:04 PDT 2013

2013/10/2 Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk>:
> Try:
>
>  demux.audio_0 ! queue max-size-bytes=0 max-size-buffers=0
> max-size-time=5000000000 ! avdec_aac ! ...
>
> If that doesn't help, try x264enc tune=zerolatency (but that's more of
> an emergency fix, it reduces quality unnecessarily and shouldn't be used
> unless you really want low latency)

It really helped.
Is it acceptable/admirable to insert these parameters with each queue,
to ensure that no such issues arise in production?
Or should such parameters be added basing on some heuristic decision?
May this issue be a topic for some patch for gstreamer upstream, for
either logics change or default param values change?

--
Andrey Utkin