start/stop recording from live preview+stream

®åg∑ †π rashmi at tatapowersed.com
Sat Oct 5 12:50:14 PDT 2013

Something I observed in my tests for checking memory usage.When I start my
pipeline (for DVI and streaming) the memory usage is 171% .Thereafter I
start recording ,the memory usage now goes to 185% and on stop recording it
continues to be 185% which is strange since I have created the bin on start
and unref the bin on stop.The memory usage hereafter is constant at 185% on
start and stop which is even stranger.Ideally the elements should be created
on start which leads to increased memory usage and released on stop
record.If anybody has worked on embedded system kindly provide me some tips
to reduce the memory consumption of the gstreamer application.Please have a
look at the memory backtrace attached and let me know if this is indeed the
issue due to which the application is crashing.