Problem getting from changing version 0.10 to 1.2

Sebastian Dröge slomo at circular-chaos.org
Wed Oct 9 10:56:25 PDT 2013

On Di, 2013-10-08 at 07:37 -0700, Weavel wrote:
> Hello people,
> I wanted to update my version (0.10) to the last version of GStreamer (1.2)
> but i met some difficulties. I'm getting :
>
> GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GstObject'
>
> GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed
>
> GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_register_static: assertion `parent_type >
> 0' failed
>
> GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed
>
> GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_set_getcaps_function: assertion `GST_IS_PAD
> (pad)' failed
>
> I did downloaded all the plugins necessary also put the correct PATH for
> .lib and did the differents changes coming with the version 1.2 . For a
> simple code i use RTSP Protocol, and i have kept the old plugin of
> gst-rtsp-server [0.10.x] (by including it) because the "new" functions on
> [0.10.8] were a bit different. (for example GstRTSPMediaMapping &
> GstRTSPMountPoints into the file rtsp-server.h).
> When i launch a simple pipeline with gst_launch-1.0 it works fines.
> Do you have any hint to what it does corresponds ?

This sounds like GStreamer 0.10 and 1.0/1.2 are used in the same
process. Make sure that all the libraries and everything used by your
application uses GStreamer 1.x. 0.10 and 1.x are not compatible with
each other, can't be used in the same process but can be installed
side-by-side.

Among other things you'll have to get gst-rtsp-server from GIT as there
was no 1.x based release yet.