RELEASE: GStreamer Core and Plugins 1.2.0

Lasse Laursen gazoo at 42.dk
Fri Oct 11 07:32:22 CEST 2013

On 10-10-2013 18:04, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> Ah you're building with Visual Studio... I don't think the project files
> in there are up-to-date, so most probably won't work.
>
> For configure and the other things you need MinGW and MSys, yes. That's
> currently the only build system that is properly maintained.
Ok. I see I have no choice but to submit. Having done so I've grabbed
both MinGW and Msys along with the GTK pre-compiled binaries. I will say
this once here and get it done with - the documentation relating to
these three pieces of software and how they inter-operate is
frustratingly sparse, confusing and often out of date.

I'm using the INSTALL guide found in the gst-plugin source you guided me
to. I'm trying to use cMake to create a visual studio 11 solution - is
that right? I'm going that direction since I've read that there are
troubles abound by mixing MinGW compiled binaries with VS things, and
since I need to incorporate gstreamer ( and by extension its plugins )
into a visual studio project, I figured this is the way to go?

 From the onset, GLib2 was no where to be found. I tried desperately to
figure out what step I missed when installing GTK, as it seems there
should be one significant step I didn't do in order to inform my system
of its existance for use with MinGW. In the end I gave up and found a
somewhat halfway solution here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15167695/cmake-cannot-find-glib2

Having done that, Cmake now complains about not finding libxml2. I've
gotten as far as figured out that it has something to do with the
libtool package for msys which I have installed. But that's about as far
as I've gotten. I know this only indirectly related to gstreamer, but
perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. Is there a
pre-compiled version I can get somehow, or do I need to compile it?

I found a guide, but when I get to 'uncompress libxml2', I have no idea
where it's supposed to be. I cannot find any new zip files or lha or
similar file that popped up when I ran 'install libtool':

http://mingw-users.1079350.n2.nabble.com/Install-libxml2-on-windows-MSYS-td6324668.html