gst-rtsp-server 0.10.8 doesn't stop listening when calling gst_object_unref

yoyosuper8 yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 08:02:58 CEST 2013

So I know I'm using an older version of gst-rtsp-server (version 0.10.8), and
I can't do much about it at the moment. For now, I'm stuck using this
version of gst-rtsp-server.
So I have an rtsp server running on android. However, when I want to stop
the rtsp server I perform a "cleanup" which is by doing the following:

	/* Quit main loop */
	g_main_loop_quit (loop);

	/* Cleanup */
	g_object_unref (server);
	g_main_loop_unref (loop);

I thought that by using g_object_unref(server) would close the socket and
make it available for usage again. However, it doesn't seem to be the case.
The server doesn't stop listening on the RTSP port 8554 (default port). So
it prevents me from running the RTSP server again. I know the solution is to
use the latest version since someone last year brought this up as a bug, but
I need a solution for this version. Does any one have any ideas on how I can
release that socket and make that port available again?

Thank you
Andy