iOS rtp support

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Oct 20 17:10:21 CEST 2013

On So, 2013-10-20 at 14:49 +0200, elio francesconi wrote:
> I try to explain better my purpose.
> I' m evaluating to use GStreamer to open in/out audio/video streams.
> My purpose is to:
> ● capture audio and send as a rtp stream
> ● capture video and send as a rtp stream
> ● receive a stream rtp and play audio
> ● receive a stream rtp and play video
>
> Do you think gstreamer 1.2 for ios can handle this?

Yes

> In case can you provide me some hints?

Take a look at the shell scripts in gst-plugins-good/tests/examples/rtp.
You'll have to convert that to C and do it in your application, but
that's exactly how it would work.

Alternatively you could also do RTSP. RTSP client support is directly
included, for server support you need to get gst-rtsp-server. The latter
would be required to build yourself (which you could do by cerbero for
example, or just manually).