RELEASE: GStreamer Core and Plugins 1.2.0

Gazoo gazoo at 42.dk
Tue Oct 22 03:56:00 CEST 2013

On 21-10-2013 00:38, Sebastian Dröge-3 [via GStreamer-devel] wrote:
> I didn't expect any git.exe or patch.exe in there, but some dll library
> used by patch.exe and conflicting with the one that it expected.
I fetched the dependency walker to have a look at what git and patch
relies upon.

Git.exe:

c:\windows\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
c:\git\bin\LIBICONV-2.DLL
c:\windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
c:\windows\system32\MSVCRT.DLL
c:\windows\system32\USER32.DLL
c:\windows\system32\WS2_32.DLL

Patch.exe:

c:\git\bin\MSYS-1.0.DLL
c:\windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL

I'm guessing the DLLs delivered with git *have* to be OK. I'm not sure
what to say about the ones located in the system32 folder. I wouldn't
expect them to be the source of issues. My earlier run in with
crashing/misbehaving programs in MinGw, the issue was due to one of the
programs grabbing DLLs that came with Dia for Windows, which I had added
to my system path for esoteric reasons.

Sebastian, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any idea of what
I could try to do to resolve my issues, or maybe further track the problem?

Regards,
Gazoo