RELEASE: GStreamer Core and Plugins 1.2.0

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Oct 27 22:49:07 CET 2013

On Mo, 2013-10-21 at 18:56 -0700, Gazoo wrote:
> On 21-10-2013 00:38, Sebastian Dröge-3 [via GStreamer-devel] wrote:
> > I didn't expect any git.exe or patch.exe in there, but some dll library
> > used by patch.exe and conflicting with the one that it expected.
> I fetched the dependency walker to have a look at what git and patch
> relies upon.
>
> Git.exe:
>
> c:\windows\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
> c:\git\bin\LIBICONV-2.DLL
> c:\windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
> c:\windows\system32\MSVCRT.DLL
> c:\windows\system32\USER32.DLL
> c:\windows\system32\WS2_32.DLL
>
> Patch.exe:
>
> c:\git\bin\MSYS-1.0.DLL
> c:\windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
>
> I'm guessing the DLLs delivered with git *have* to be OK. I'm not sure
> what to say about the ones located in the system32 folder. I wouldn't
> expect them to be the source of issues. My earlier run in with
> crashing/misbehaving programs in MinGw, the issue was due to one of the
> programs grabbing DLLs that came with Dia for Windows, which I had added
> to my system path for esoteric reasons.
>
> Sebastian, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any idea of what
> I could try to do to resolve my issues, or maybe further track the problem?

Is the patch.exe the one from git? Is git working fine for you at least?
I don't have any other suggestions right now unfortunately, other than
trying the same from a clean Windows system and making sure that no
random libraries leak into $PATH.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com