Qtgstreamer compile error

diego diego.gonzalez at horus.es
Tue Oct 22 17:36:17 CEST 2013

El 22/10/2013 14:25, diego escribió:
> El 21/10/2013 16:45, diego escribió:
>> El 21/10/2013 14:10, George Kiagiadakis escribió:
>>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Diego Gonzalez
>>> <diego.gonzalez at horus.es <mailto:diego.gonzalez at horus.es>> wrote:
>>>

>>>     Hello,
>>>
>>>     I just builded and installed QTgstreamer lib. However, when I
>>>     try to compile the example player.pro <http://player.pro> I get
>>>     this error:
>>>
>>>     Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
>>>
>>>     make: *** No rule to make target
>>>     `../../../examples/player/player.pro <http://player.pro>',
>>>     needed by `Makefile'. Stop.
>>>
>>>     The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
>>>
>>>     Error while building/deploying project player (kit: Desktop)
>>>
>>>     When executing step 'Make'
>>>

>>>     I'm using QT 4.8.5.  Can anyone help me?
>>>

>>> This sounds like a qmake bug or something like that. Maybe you just
>>> need to compile it in-source.
>>     Sorry, I don't understand what do you mean with "compile it
>> in-source".
>>> But, if you have compiled qt-gstreamer from source, then the
>>> examples should also be already compiled in the source tree.
>>   I have followed QTGStreamer Readme intructions:
>>
>> $ mkdir build && cd build
>> $ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/installation/prefix
>> $ make
>> $ make install
>>
>> making prefix = /usr/local/TrollTech/Qt-4.8.5
>>
>> I think the previous message came from installation problems (we
>> tried several times and corrupted it, it seems). We deleted all and
>> reinstalled. Now we get:
>>
>> Starting: "/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5/bin/qmake"
>> /home/horus/qt-gstreamer-0.10.3/examples/voip/voip.pro -r -spec
>> linux-g++ CONFIG+=debug CONFIG+=declarative_debug
>>
>> Project ERROR: Package QtGStreamerkkk-0.10 not found
>>
>> The process "/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5/bin/qmake" exited with code 2.
>>
>> Error while building/deploying project voip (kit: Desktop)
>>
>> When executing step 'qmake'
>>
>> Elapsed time: 00:00.
>>

>> We find this file at
>> /usr/local/TrollTech/Qt-4.8.5/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkconfig but
>> QTCreator can not find it.
>
> Hello
>
> Still lost.
>
> We install the library in /usr/local changing the cmake step:
> cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
>
> Now I open the voip project and ... it finds Package QtGStreamer-0.10  8|
> But it fails because it did not find QGst/Ui/VideoWidget
>
> It is clear I don´t understand what the Qt directories structure must
> be and how to use it. Any clue about where I can find a doc about this?
>
> Thanks

Hello

voip.pro (project file) is telling qmake to link to QTGstreamer with:

contains(QT_VERSION, ^4\\..*) {
   PKGCONFIG += QtGStreamer-0.10 QtGStreamerUi-0.10
}

I have verified that
/usr/local/lib/i386-linx-gnu/pkconfig/QtGStreamer-0.10.pc is the file
that QtCreator is using. I do not know why is using this file and not
the one at Trolltech directory.

This file has inside this lines:

    prefix=/usr/local
    exec_prefix=${prefix}
    libdir=${prefix}/lib/i386-linux-gnu
    includedir=${prefix}/include/QtGStreamer

    Name: QtGStreamer-0.10
    Requires: QtGLib-2.0
    Requires.private: gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-interfaces-0.10 gobject-2.0
    Version: 0.10.3
    Cflags: -I${includedir}
    Libs: -L${libdir} -lQtGStreamer-0.10

Being a newbie, I did not found anything wrong with this file. In fact,
It seems to point to the installed files. But QtCreator fails to compile
the voip project because it does not find QGst/Ui/VideoWidget.

I searched PKGCONFIG at Qt web trying to find how it works but I am not
able to find where to learn that.

Is it possible that PKGCONFIG is not linking rightly this
QtGStreamer-0.10.pc file?

Thanks