android h264 hardware encoding

cee1 fykcee1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 06:34:59 CEST 2013

2013/10/25 yoyosuper8 <yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com>:
> So I was confused about what udpsink provides. I need to be able to perform
> h264 hardware encoding and then setup a rtsp server for clients to connect
> to it. Now the rtsp server works when I perform software encoding, but not
> when I try to do hardware encoding. This is all done in Android and not
> ubuntu. So I can't do gst-launch() in android or anything as such.
>
> This is the pipeline that I use to perform software encoding and stream it:
>         gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory,
>         "( videotestsrc is-live=1 ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1
> ! x264enc tune=zerolatency byte-stream=true bitrate=300 ! rtph264pay
> name=pay0 pt=96 )");
Does this work?

> This is the pipeline that I use to perform hardware encoding and stream it,
> but no rtp packets are sent once the client connects to the rtsp server. The
> client does properly connect to the rtsp server and get the OK 200, but
> after that no rtp packets are sent from the server to the client:
>         gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory,
>                 "( videotestsrc is-live=true do-timestamp=true name=videosrc ! capsfilter
> caps=\"video/x-raw,width=320,height=256,framerate=30/1\" !
> amcvidenc-omxtiducati1videoh264e bitrate=1024 i-frame-interval=8 !
> rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )");
I guess replacing x264enc with amcvidenc-omxtiducati1videoh264e is enough.
If x264enc works, and amcvidenc-omxtiducati1videoh264e don't, it
should be the problems of amcvidenc-omxtiducati1videoh264e.

Then we need to go deep to find out why. For me, I will build a simple
pipeline to see whether the encoder works, that's the "udpsink"
pipeline -- encoding on android device and decoding on PC.

--
Regards,

- cee1