How to use rtpdtmfdepay from gstreamer

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Fri Oct 25 14:19:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 14:36 +0530, amar wrote:
> Can any one tell me How can I use rtpdtmfdepay element in my
> pipeline ? or please give me any example with pipeline for decoding
> rtp dtmf using gstreamer. Any help/pointer appericiated ...

I assume your pipeline is something like:
udpsrc -> rtpbin -> rtpXdepay ! Xdec ! sink

When you get a new src pad on rtpbin with the payload type for
telephone-event (ie DTMF) you can just put rtpdtmfdepay ! audiosink
and it will play back the DTMF to you. It will also post a GstMessage on
the GstBus telling you about the DTMF events so your application can
react.

You may be interested in Farstream which does that and more and is
really centered about SIP/XMPP calls with GStreamer.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com