Compile Gstreamer for Windows Phone

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Oct 29 09:31:21 CET 2013

On Mo, 2013-10-28 at 13:15 -0700, mourad wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to compile the GStreamer SDK for Windows Phone system and build
> a simple demo.
> I followed the instructions given in
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero
> <http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero>
> to use the cerbero via the Msys/MinGW shell but the .NET 4 Framework can't
> be installed because I am using the Windows XP operating system.
> Is it possible to cross-compile the GStreamer SDK for the Windows Phone
> System ?
> If I can't do that under windows XP can i cross-compile to Windows Phone
> from Linux ?

I assume you want to compile for Windows Phone 8 for ARM? That's
currently not possible as there's no free compiler toolchain available
for Windows/ARM yet (and some other things that would need to be changed
first too).

Independent of that you should use the cerbero branch from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/sdk/cerbero/ instead of the one
from gstreamer.com, which is for the outdated 0.10 version of GStreamer.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com