Decodebin is not picking up higher ranked audio element

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Oct 30 15:31:37 CET 2013

On Mi, 2013-10-30 at 07:25 -0700, skothari wrote:
> I have audio elements registered with higher rank(primary + 10) on
> gstreamer-1.0
> gst-inspect-1.0 correctly shows the rank. The pad templates are also same as
> software audio elements.
> But when I play a stream using gst-launch-1.0 with decodebin, software audio
> element with lower rank is autoplugged.
> I tried deleting the software audio element library but then decodebin gives
> error saying library missing.
> If I make my own pipeline with my audio elements, the stream plays fine.
>
> Decodebin correctly picks up my video decoders with higher ranks. The issue
> is only with audio decoders.
>
> Any pointers on what I am missing would be really helpful.

Could you get a debug log with GST_DEBUG=decodebin*:6,playbin*:6 ? Most
likely this means that during autoplugging decodebin either considers
your element as not compatible with the stream (due to caps or
ACCEPT_CAPS query), or it does not go to READY state. This should be
visible from the debug logs, especially decodebin should first try your
decoder there and then fall back to the software one.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com