Decodebin is not picking up higher ranked audio element

skothari kotharisanket18 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 15:25:53 CET 2013

I have audio elements registered with higher rank(primary + 10) on
gstreamer-1.0
gst-inspect-1.0 correctly shows the rank. The pad templates are also same as
software audio elements.
But when I play a stream using gst-launch-1.0 with decodebin, software audio
element with lower rank is autoplugged.
I tried deleting the software audio element library but then decodebin gives
error saying library missing.
If I make my own pipeline with my audio elements, the stream plays fine.

Decodebin correctly picks up my video decoders with higher ranks. The issue
is only with audio decoders.

Any pointers on what I am missing would be really helpful.

Thanks.