Not getting GST_MESSAGE_EOS from recording bus

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Wed Oct 30 16:58:08 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 18:13 +0530, amar wrote:
> I have written video recorder in a C code for audio and video
> recording into mpg file using matroskamux. I can record video
> successfully but I can't get GST_MESSAGE_EOS for end of streaming on
> bus.

Your test program gets its data from a RTP stream, such a stream does
not provide any indication of when it ends. If you want to have an EOS,
you have to send an EOS event directly to the pipeline from your
application when you want it to stop, you can do it like this:
gst_element_send_event(pipeline, gst_event_new_eos());

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com