adding custom plugin for gstreamer pipeline for android

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 03:39:48 PDT 2013

2013/9/16 yoyosuper8 <yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com>

> So I think I'm making some success, but still have one more obstacle to
> cross. I keep getting the following error message when I try to register
> the elements in your plugin with
> plugin:
>

> C:/Users/Andy/Desktop/work/Android_SDK_NDK/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold.exe:
> gst-build/gstreamer_android.o: in function
>
> gst_android_register_static_plugins:gstreamer_android.c(.text.gst_android_register_static_plugins+0x10c):
> error: undefined reference to 'gst_plugin_testplugin_register'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [buildsharedlibrary] Error 1
>
> Any ideas what this means? I don't understand why it says about "undefined
> reference to 'gst_plugin_testplugin_register'"

This function is only exported when you are creating a static library for
your plugin  and compiling with -DGST_PLUGIN_BUILD_STATIC, adding an entry
point to register if.
If you embed the source code in your application, you only have to call
directly  testplugin_init, which will register the elements in your plugin
with gst_element_register.

Andoni

> Thank you in advaned
> Andy