sink plugin for gstreamer-1.0

jyoti kulkarni jyotimk029 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 01:38:52 PDT 2013

Hello All,

I am very new to Gstreamer.

In my project i have an application which will read a mp4 file then make a
packets of 1500 bytes and transfer it on the network. This application is
no ware related to Gstreamer.
(In my application input file is taken as an command line argument to the
executable)

But i want to create a plugin which will do the work of my application, so
my pipeline should be as follows:

gst-launch ! filesrc location = test.mp4 ! My_new_Plugin

My assumption is i will create a sink plugin to link with filesrc, which
will take the file data make packets and send over the network.

Is this possible to do.., if yes please give me suggestions.

Thanks & Regards
Jyoti