can v4l2src be used to capture video using camera on android?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Sep 19 14:48:41 PDT 2013

Le jeudi 19 septembre 2013 à 08:20 -0700, yoyosuper8 a écrit :
> I've
> searched around here and have not found any answers regarding compiling v4l2
> for android. There are questions, but no answers.

Assuming you're Android Kernel do have support for v4l2 (we don't do
kernel support on this mailing list), all you'd have to do is extend
your Android SDK with the appropriate headers, and enable v4l2 support
in your compilation of gst-plugins-good for Android. There is plenty of
ways to do this, though you need strong knowledge of cross-compilation
process for Android. Again, this is a lot of work for us to teach you,
and might not be appropriate for this mailing list.

You have some luck by learning how to use cerbero, the build system used
to produce the GStreamer SDK.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero/

good luck,
Nicolas