[H264] : gst-libav generation fails by XWIN probably due to c99/Gnu99 ambiguity

Hugo MACHEFER hugo.machefer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 13:49:55 PDT 2013

Hi.

I have downloaded and unpacked [gst-libav]. This plugin has been
./configure-ed correctly as far as  logs
<http://hoteliris.fr/configure---gst-libav-1.1.4---logs.txt>   pretend...

BUT next step => "*make*" fails here :

/libavformat/utils.c:3495:5: error: implicit declaration of function
‘strptime’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]/

Complete compilation logs  make---gst-libav-1.1.4---logs.txt
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4662156/make---gst-libav-1.1.4---logs.txt>
have been enclosed to this POST.

The closest situation found  there
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/native-client-discuss/mtvDjm5C-bo/rwrbhHM34O4J>
would suggest migration *from C99 to Gnu99*. In my case however, both
options are present by compilation :

/... gcc *-std=gnu99* -I. -D_ISOC99_SOURCE... *-std=c99* ... /utils.c -c -o
libavformat/utils.o /

By removing manually such an option "-std=c99" from the previous command
line above, this file  libavformat/utils.o gets generated. But I'd like to
know how to proceed /straightforwardly /to stand in a wholesome situation,
for the sake of _*_STRICT_ANSI__* being undefined, that would get rid of
what turns out to be a conflict between C99 and Gnu99...

I wish I were clear enough by my explanations: I did my best to provide a
maximum of information. Thanks in advance. Yours faithfully.

PS unless I missed something by reading many forums, this error might allude
I am the first to get into such a trouble...