Decoding a TS stream with difficulties - TS slightly broken in 1.2?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Sep 26 02:28:54 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 10:40 +0200, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:

Hi,

> Thanks for answering. So TS-muxing is broken until fixed one day. For
> the other things, channels and mpegversion I'll open another thread
> with more explanation and examples.
>
> Now TS is broken

You make it sound like it's entirely broken, which is not the case. It
just doesn't work right for your specific use case, which is not that
common. It should still work of course. I'm sure fixing it takes less
time than crafting all those very long carefully written mails :)

> can you recommend another transport format instead that works well
> with GStreamer and tcpserversink? I have tried with mp4mux and qtmux
> for a MP4 transport format, but the producing stream reports the
> following:
>
>   mp4muxer: Downstream is not seekable and headers can't be rewritten
>

> I tried adding streamable=true, but that is reported to be deprecated
> and it does not make a difference. The pipeline used is this:

You could try matroskamux with streamable=true; maybe mpegpsmux works
too.

Cheers
 -Tim