gstreamer with playbin: how to pause 'now' or pause at exact time

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 00:53:44 PDT 2013

I had a similar problem in my software.  The user needs to be able to stop
the playback PRECISELY when he hits the Stop button (or presses a shortcut
key).  What I do is I query the playback position at which the user pressed
the key, then change the pipeline time to paused, wait until the pipeline
stops and then seek to the previously recorded time.  It is not very nice,
the user can see a "jump" after clicking Stop, but the video shows the exact
frame on which the Stop button was pressed, which is most important.