Request key frame in vpuenc (Freescale)

Javier Jardón jjardon at gnome.org
Thu Sep 26 17:25:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

I need to generate a keyframe in a specific time.
Looking to the code of vpuenc [1], seems that it doesnt handle events from
downstream (GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM) to check if the event request
a keyframe:

gst_video_event_is_force_key_unit (event)

(and no, it doesnt derive from the GstVideoEncoder baseclass  class)
This can be easily implementable but my question is:
Any of you know the specific option I have to pass to the vpu to
generate a keyframe? Or any other way? I read about
encparam->forceIPicture , but Im not sure Im looking in the correct
direction

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks

[1] http://download.ossystems.com.br/bsp/freescale/source/gst-fsl-plugins-3.0.7.tar.gz