Request key frame in vpuenc (Freescale)

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Mon Sep 30 09:11:57 PDT 2013

I can't remember exactly, but there is an option in the encoder structure
to instruct the VPU encoder to generate an I-Frame. Just make sure that you
clear the flag after the I-Frame is generated. Of course, the structure
item name may vary depending on which VPU you are using. Your encoder
element probably already controls when to generate an I-Frame. When I
worked with a Freescale VPU we had to determine the I-Frame rate ourselves,
the encoder didn't count the frames.