Problem with Text Overlay

Robin Aproskie raproskie at tellumat.com
Mon Apr 7 05:13:04 PDT 2014

Hi

Desperate for help with this error or how to debug it or I need some advice on overlays or pointed in the correct direction.

First the Problem:

I have posted this before with no responce. To put it simpler. I have a pipeline with 5 text overlays "textoverlay" element  Displaying  GPS and camera information and intermitantly get the following error it mosly fails when changing the font right in the begining of the stream after 10 to 15 seconds and video is displayed. The app has run for up to 4 hours before crashing.

Unhandled exception at 0x035a93bc in VideoDisplay.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

 libpixman-1-0.dll!034993bc()
  [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for libpixman-1-0.dll]
  libpixman-1-0.dll!0345a8a0()
  libcairo-2.dll!02f532f8()

Here is my previous post.

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Problem-with-libpixman-1-0-on-VS2010-Qt-build-td4665684.html

My pipeline looks like this
udpsrc->rtpdepay->queue->h264parse->queue->avdec_h264->clockoverlay->textoverlay1->textoverlay2->textoverlay3->textoverlay4->d3dvideosink

Second Advice.

I have legacy C# project to integrate Video into (Not keen on using Gstreamer-sharp)  so I am sending all the information to My Gstreamer application via udp(localhost) . Im using Qt/VS2010 with a QT plugin, and need to overlay information onto live video from a camera. i also need to retrieve the video later with the overlays.

What is the best practice to overlay information(most important).
I could save the custom data stream and the raw 264 stream and decode overlay and display post process when done.(how to achive this )
I have to code on a windows platform what package is the most comon and stable ?

Thanks
Robin

Relevant company disclaimers are available at the following addresses:
  Tellumat (Pty) Ltd e-mail:  mailto:disclaimer at tellumat.com?Subject=Tellumat_Disclaimer
  Web:   http://www.tellumat.com/email.aspx