Tuner device blocks

Jack Brown zidibik at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 06:43:05 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to get an svideo/composite capture device working with gstreamer 0.10.36 and QtGstreamer 0.10.3.

My device works with mplayer2 using the following command: mplayer2 --tv=device=/dev/video1 tv:///1 (the second channel is the composite input)

Now, with the following pipeline:

    "v4l2src name=vsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! autovideosink"

After setting the ready state and setting the channel using the tuner interface:

    const GList *list = gst_tuner_list_channels(tuner);
    while(list) {
        GstTunerChannel *channel = GST_TUNER_CHANNEL(list->data);
        qDebug() << channel << (gchar *)channel->label;
        gst_tuner_set_channel(tuner, channel);
        list = list->next;
    }

... setting pipeline's state to Paused or Playing just blocks the program. I do get

0xb920f0 S-Video

0xb92230 Composite1

in the debug output. Other video devices work fine both with gstreamer and mplayer2.

Any ideas? Could I be missing something obvious?

Best,
Burak