MXF issues with Gstreamer-1.0

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Apr 9 00:13:43 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-04-09 at 00:05 -0700, Subodh wrote:
> I currently have installed all the bad plugins available for Debian Wheezy.
> I will still confirm and try to get the latest bad plugins and try to
> reproduce the issue.

Does "gst-inspect-1.0 mxfdemux" tell you that the element does not
exist? If it tells you that something with your setup seems wrong.

> Will update this post with progress and file the bug if necessary.
> I cannot share the original content due to propriety issues but if will try
> to get some open test media
> from freedesktop or some other site.
>
> Please let me know if any such file used to test mxf plugins is already
> available on the web.

There are some test files available here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/media/incoming/mxf/

But many of them don't play and are rather pathological cases :)

Expertise, Straight from the Source