MXF issues with Gstreamer-1.0

Subodh subodh.austin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 00:25:46 PDT 2014

Following is the current config of my machine with source and OS details.
Please let me know how can I fix my setup.

*ufouser at debian:~$ gst-inspect-1.0 | grep mxf*
libav:  avmux_mxf_d10: libav Material eXchange Format, D-10 Mapping muxer
libav:  avmux_mxf: libav Material eXchange Format muxer (not recommended,
use mxfmux instead)
libav:  avdemux_mxf: libav Material eXchange Format demuxer
typefindfunctions: application/mxf: mxf

*ufouser at debian:~$ gst-inspect-0.10 | grep mxf*
mxf:  mxfmux: MXF muxer
mxf:  mxfdemux: MXF Demuxer
typefindfunctions: application/mxf: mxf
ffmpeg:  ffmux_mxf_d10: FFmpeg Material eXchange Format, D-10 Mapping muxer
ffmpeg:  ffmux_mxf: FFmpeg Material eXchange Format muxer (not recommended,
use mxfmux instead)
ffmpeg:  ffdemux_mxf: FFmpeg Material eXchange Format demuxer

*ufouser at debian:~$ uname -a*
Linux debian 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.54-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

*ufouser at debian:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list*
#

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.4.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1
20140208-13:47]/ wheezy contrib main

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.4.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1
20140208-13:47]/ wheezy contrib main

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
# deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
# deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main contrib non-free
deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main
deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main