Use of "playbin" element along with gstreamer static plugins

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Apr 9 23:37:13 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-04-09 at 07:37 -0700, Manoj89 wrote:
> Hi,
>    (i) I have the built the static plugins of gst-base,good,bad and ugly
> plugins (version : 1.2.3) and I
>        used "playbin" element to create the Gstreamer Pipeline.But the
> static "playbin" element does not pick
>        up demuxer,decoders and sinks required to create the pipeline as in
> case of shared plugins.
>
>   (ii) I have also used GST_PLUGIN_STATIC_DECLARE and
> GST_PLUGIN_STATIC_REGISTER to manually
>        register the static plugins (Please see the attached file)
>
>   (iii) while using the static plugins the "playbin" is not able to detect
> the type of media stream.So is there
>        any method for determining the type(audio/video) of media stream.
>
>   (iv) When the I run the program created using the static "playbin" element
> I dont get any runtime
>        errors.But as such I dont see any output because of playbin not being
> able to fetch demuxer,decoder
>        and sink.
>
>    I am attaching sample application and makefile along with this mail.
>
>    Please tell me whether I can use "playbin" element with static plugins.

You can use playbin with static plugins. This is done with GStreamer on
Android and iOS for example.
However you will have to declare and register all static plugins that
would ever be used by playbin in your application beforehand and also
link to all of them.

Can you provide a debug log with GST_DEBUG=*:2,playbin*:9,decodebin*:9
and attach it to this mail? You seem to be missing a plugin but seeing
that from the logs will be easier than guessing from your code.

Expertise, Straight from the Source