Forcing a video framerate.

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Thu Apr 10 09:42:32 PDT 2014

Hi Eric

Yes, videorate should do the job. It goes something like

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/Videos/Examples/simpson.mp4 ! qtdemux ! avdec_h264 ! videorate ! video/x-raw, framerate=10/1 ! fpsdisplaysink

If you don't care much about precision and are looking for lower
framerates only, I recommend using "videorate drop-only=true", this
avoids videorate from keeping references to previous buffers resulting
in a pipeline with better performance. Maybe on a PC this doesn't make
much of a difference, but on smaller systems it certainly does.

Michael