ANNOUNCE: eglglessink is removed from gst-plugins-bad

Tue Apr 15 13:45:55 PDT 2014

Hi Sebastian,

I tested glimagesink on a common desktop pc with this simple pipeline:

v42lsrc ! glimagesink

it takes about 6% cpu (1270x720, 10 fps)

if I revert the change until a week ago cpu usage is 3%

for your info this pipeline

v4l2src ! xvimagesink

require only 0.7% cpu,

is glimagesink supposed to be more optimized than eglglessink? For
example gstreamer using eglglessink is unable to play full hd video on
raspberry, will glimagesink fix this performance problems?

thanks
Nicola