AW: Joining video file

adrien_sch adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 02:21:36 PDT 2014

Hello Sebastian,

I tried to concatenate multiple video file into one without decoding the
video stream using the playbin element and the signal "about-to-finish". My
observation is that the second segment sent after the first "switch" (file1
-> file2) is correct, but all the next (file2 -> file3 or file3 -> file4)
are wrong (the base attribute of the segment is lost <-> = 0).

To resolve the issue, I simply catch the segment event, an updated with the
correct value (base always calculated with the previous base and stop), and
it worked as expected. I may think that this is a bug because, the first
the switch is right but not the others, and the playbin element may have
all the information needed to do the job.

But maybe this expected behavior is against some others behavior that the
playbin may support.