Installation gst-omx for qcom board

JYbob jinyoung.noh at lge.com
Wed Apr 23 02:17:39 PDT 2014

Hi, I'm newbie of gstreamer.

Nowdays, I'm trying to install gst-omx for use of qcom hardware codec.

I already know that there is a gstreamer sdk for android.
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+for+Android+development
<http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+for+Android+development>

I successfully compile and install on qcom board about gstreamer excutable
file and library file(libgstreamer_android.so)

Excutable file works fine if I make pipeline like this "videotestsrc !
autovideosink" and interface with surface.

I found that this mail :
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-openmax/2014-January/000763.html
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-openmax/2014-January/000763.html>

but I want to install gst-omx-0.10 not 1.0.

so, my command line was

git clone -b 0.10 git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-omx
autogen.sh --host=arm-linux-androideabi --disable-gtk-doc
--with-omx-target=generic --enable-static --*prefix=??*
make

When i make gst-omx there are many compile errors and I don't know how to
write PATH for prefix.
and If I get a gst-omx library file successfully, How can I compile with
gstreamer source?

Like in the mail link, just add in Android.mk file
GSTREAMER_PLUGINS         : =
$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CORE)$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CODECS)$(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_SYS)
omx
 is ok?