Playbin : seek and reverse playback

Thiago Santos ts.santos at sisa.samsung.com
Fri Apr 25 05:26:30 PDT 2014

On 04/22/2014 11:21 AM, memphis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a sample media player using gstreamer, but I facing to
> an issue when after seeking.
>
> So I sent a seek event with the line :
> gst_element_seek (data->pipeline_sink, 1.0,
> 	                     GST_FORMAT_TIME,
> 	                      GST_SEEK_FLAG_SKIP | GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
> 	                      GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, position,
> 	                      GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE);
>
> but when a tried to reverse playback BEFORE the position, the demux element
> generate a segmentation fault (tested with matroskademux and qtdemux).
>
> In the case of the qtdemux element, this is the line who generate the
> segmentation fault : gst_qtdemux_seek_to_previous_keyframe.
>

> I have absolutely no ideas how can I fix this issue, so any ideas will be
> very welcome.
This looks like a bug in qtdemux. One that I think that was already fixed
in git master. Could you please file a bug with steps to reproduce the
issue?

We are likely missing some patch backporting to 1.2 branch.

> Other question :
> - Do I need to set the pipeline state to GST_STATE_PAUSED before the seeking
> ?
No

> Thx for your help.
>
> Environment : Gstreamer 1.2.4
>

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley