Playbin : seek and reverse playback

memphis memphistrip2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:21:28 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to create a sample media player using gstreamer, but I facing to
an issue when after seeking.

So I sent a seek event with the line :
gst_element_seek (data->pipeline_sink, 1.0,
	                     GST_FORMAT_TIME,
	                      GST_SEEK_FLAG_SKIP | GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
	                      GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, position,
	                      GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE);

but when a tried to reverse playback BEFORE the position, the demux element
generate a segmentation fault (tested with matroskademux and qtdemux).

In the case of the qtdemux element, this is the line who generate the
segmentation fault : gst_qtdemux_seek_to_previous_keyframe.

I have absolutely no ideas how can I fix this issue, so any ideas will be
very welcome.

Other question :
- Do I need to set the pipeline state to GST_STATE_PAUSED before the seeking
?

Thx for your help.

Environment : Gstreamer 1.2.4