End of Streaming Thread in Gstreamer

Manoj89 manoj89vcet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 02:18:48 PDT 2014

Hi,
    (i) In my bus_watch I have included GST_MESSAGE_STREAM_STATUS to monitor
the status of streaming
        thread.I get
GST_STREAM_STATUS_TYPE_CREATE,GST_STREAM_STATUS_TYPE_ENTER at the start of
        playback but I do not get GST_STREAM_STATUS_TYPE_LEAVE after the end
of playback when I want to
        do playback of another file.

   (ii) Actually I am getting the crash with gdb stack corrupted when i do
(i).My question in my case if I dont
       get message on the bus GST_STREAM_STATUS_TYPE_LEAVE does that mean
streaming thread has not
       exited loop properly and does not get destroyed?whether this may be
reason for my crash.

   (iii) I am not getting the backtrace for my crash.I am using appsrc as
the source element.