Problem with capturing video and audio on OS X 10.9 using GStreamer 1.2.0

nicksonsix nicksonsix at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 05:31:31 PDT 2014

Hi once again,

I decided to add video support into the project and I checked if it is
possible to work now. I downloaded and installed GStreamer 1.4.0 for OS X
and iOS and cloned the newest iOS Tutorials. In this version, in major
changes list is this kind of information: "(...) avfvideosrc, vtdec and
other elements were ported from 0.10 and are available on OS X and iOS now."
So I was happy and I tried to change the pipeline from Tutorial 3 into:
pipeline = gst_parse_launch("autovideosrc ! videoconvert ! autovideosink",
&error);

This combination works on OS X but on iOS I received an error message:
"Error: received from element autovideosink0-actual-sink-glimage: Failed to
upload buffer"

Tested on iOS 7.1.2 (iPhone 4), Xcode 5.1.1, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4).

Any help will be appreciated. ;-)