Pipeline pauses when changed from videotestsrc to alsasrc

tnewman newmantye at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 08:20:01 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I have a pipeline that is working (illustrated below).  The pipeline tee
that ends with the fakesink (used as a frame buffer within Qt) is always
running.  The tee segment that ends with a filesink is activated and
terminated by a Qt button within the application.

The pipeline works as expected when using a audiotestsrc.  But when I
replace the audiotestsrc with an alsasrc the pipeline links, changes to
playing across all the elements and the pauses.

Source Code:

>From the source code above all I do is replace the "audiotestsrc" with
alsasrc.

As a note, I have successfully executed the following gst-launch; so I know
that the alsasrc is working on my hardware (which is an embedded system
using the Yocto build dora).

Below one will see the output from the gstreamer debug:

Sorry for the long long post, but I wanted to give as much information as
seemed sensable.

Thanks in advance for looking into my issue.