Pipeline pauses when changed from videotestsrc to alsasrc

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Tue Aug 19 06:32:59 PDT 2014

On 08/17/2014 12:20 PM, tnewman wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a pipeline that is working (illustrated below).  The pipeline tee
> that ends with the fakesink (used as a frame buffer within Qt) is always
> running.  The tee segment that ends with a filesink is activated and
> terminated by a Qt button within the application.
>
> The pipeline works as expected when using a audiotestsrc.  But when I
> replace the audiotestsrc with an alsasrc the pipeline links, changes to
> playing across all the elements and the pauses.
Hello, FYI the drawings and code only appear when seeing in nabble. It
doesn't show up in the mailing list (at least not here).

> Source Code:
>

> >From the source code above all I do is replace the "audiotestsrc" with
> alsasrc.
>
> As a note, I have successfully executed the following gst-launch; so I know
> that the alsasrc is working on my hardware (which is an embedded system
> using the Yocto build dora).
>
> Below one will see the output from the gstreamer debug:
>

> Sorry for the long long post, but I wanted to give as much information as
> seemed sensable.
>
> Thanks in advance for looking into my issue.
First, this is 0.10 that is unmantained for some years now. Anyway, from
a quick glance I'd say that the issue is somehow related to adding all
those elements and synchronizing their state when the pipeline is
transitioning from ready to paused (when the demuxer pads get added).
You can try looking at the bug to fix but as this is 0.10 it will be
ignored by upstream. So I'd recommend trying to rework your logic to
have all those elements (alsasrc, muxer, filesink, etc) created and
added to the pipeline at the beginning just like the others. At the
pad-added callback you just need to request the pad from the muxer and
link it, instead of creating new elements and doing the state
synchronization.

Hope that works,

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley