vlc and gstreamer synchronization

bamboosso laski.maciej at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 03:28:23 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have image/video source, that provides frames in 23-25 fps and sometimes
less... so I have added videorate element that provides "perfect" videorate
at 20fps and I stream it to VLC using tcpserversink.

Unfortunately VLC at start have 2 seconds delay that gets smaller. After a
while I see "real time" video that freezes and VLC starts to buffer for new
2 seconds. And that repeats. My guess is that VLC expects video with 20fps
but receives something else? I also have tryed to use rtsp server but result
is similar.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

reagrds
 Maciek