vlc and gstreamer synchronization

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Mon Aug 18 06:53:29 PDT 2014

It is what you said...VLC likes to buffer, which makes live video
difficult. Look into the buffering options of VLC and set them very low.
There is a trade-off between stability of video and buffering. More
buffering allows better de-jittering of packets but introduces delay. You
don't really want much buffering for live video for that reason. Test
100-200 msec of buffering on VLC and adjust from there.