input-selector to switch between h264 streams?

Thomas Green TGreen2 at Sorenson.com
Mon Aug 18 08:02:26 PDT 2014

I missed the first part of this conversation.  The bug in input selector, was that in the 1.x series, or the 0.10 series?  If in the 1.x series, is the fix going to be ported to the 0.x0 series?

tom

-----Original Message-----
From: gstreamer-devel [mailto:gstreamer-devel-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Thiago Santos
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:27 PM
To: gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: input-selector to switch between h264 streams?

On 08/14/2014 10:11 AM, Dušan Poizl wrote:
> oh sorry. Just tried videotestsrc ! x264enc ! input-selector !
> mpegtsmux ! udpsink and it worked.
>
> if you replace mpegtsmux with matroskamux it end up with error. but it
> is fine as for my experiments mpegtsmux is acceptable.
>
> Thanks for your time.

FYI there was actually a bug in input-selector regarding the caps negotiation. This is fixed now in git master.

In any case, unless you are using exactly the same caps for the input-selector input streams it is likely that it would fail as matroskamux doesn't support format renegotiation. Even if the formats are the same and you want to do that, be aware of sending keyframes right after  switching to avoid issues when decoding.

Regards,

> Dňa 14.08.2014 o 14:54 Stephane Croci napísal(a):
>> Please give the whole pipelines description (working and not working
>> ones)
>>

>> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley