Any performance issues with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS ?

n1cholson KenNicholson at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 12:39:47 PDT 2014

In my testing with Ubuntu 14.04 I've observed significant (20%) impact on
CPU and GPU performance that appears to be attributed to the compiz window
manager.  If you issue the
  $metacity --replace
command and you see improved performance, then compiz is the likely culprit.
If so, your choices are to always login with the metacity window manager or
look at upgrading your GPU to one that can more easily handle the demands of
compiz.