streaming video metadata

frank82 francescomarino84627 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:45:46 PST 2014

I'm developing a gstreamer plugin which receives a video stream as input, and
gives the same video stream with some metadata added to the buffer. I have
written two plugins: setplugin (add metadata to the stream) and getplugin
(get the metadata from the incoming buffer).

When I run:
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! setplugin ! getplugin ! x264enc ! rtph264pay !
udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000

I can see the metadata added, while when I put the getplugin in the
receiving pipeline (also just after the encoding element) the metadata seems
to be dropped and I can not receive anything.

How can I stream the video with metadata over udp?