streaming video metadata

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 08:15:28 PST 2014

My experience with Metadata is that the metadata setter and the metadata
getter need to be in the same shared library, or it doesn't work. So, when
making custom metadata, write a metadata library, and dynamically link both
your reading element and writing element to that library.

Otherwise you often get two copies of the library, and what one knows the
other can't find out.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:45 AM, frank82 <francescomarino84627 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm developing a gstreamer plugin which receives a video stream as input,
> and
> gives the same video stream with some metadata added to the buffer. I have
> written two plugins: setplugin (add metadata to the stream) and getplugin
> (get the metadata from the incoming buffer).
>
> When I run:
> gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! setplugin ! getplugin ! x264enc ! rtph264pay
> !
> udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000
>
> I can see the metadata added, while when I put the getplugin in the
> receiving pipeline (also just after the encoding element) the metadata
> seems
> to be dropped and I can not receive anything.
>
> How can I stream the video with metadata over udp?
>

> --

Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.
https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/77228