Failed to load plugin error

Mayank Agarwal mayank77fromindia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:53:46 PST 2014

Hi,

I have developed a plugin similar to souphttpsrc.
I have used the gst-tmeplate to do this and modified the
various files.It compiles fine but on doing gst-inspect mypluginname
it is showing following error:

(gst-plugin-scanner:15427): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load
plugin '/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstmyhttpsrc.so':
/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstmyhttpsrc.so: undefined symbol:
gst_my_http_src_get_type
No such element or plugin 'myhttpsrc'

But in gstmyhttpsrc.c

static gboolean
plugin_init (GstPlugin * plugin)
{
  return gst_element_register (plugin, "myhttpsrc", GST_RANK_PRIMARY,
      GST_TYPE_MY_HTTP_SRC);
}

GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE (GST_VERSION_MAJOR,
    GST_VERSION_MINOR,
    "my",
    "libsoup HTTP client src",
    plugin_init, VERSION,  "LGPL","GStreamer","http://gstreamer.net/")

and in header file i am writing like this:

G_BEGIN_DECLS

#include <libsoup/soup.h>

GType gst_my_http_src_get_type(void);

/* #defines don't like whitespacey bits */
#define GST_TYPE_MY_HTTP_SRC \
  (gst_my_http_src_get_type())

how is it that i am getting gst_my_http_src_get_type undefined in .so file
though make and make install is running fine.

Regards
Mayank