RTP client doesn't mux a/v streams with RTPBIN

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Feb 5 13:03:56 PST 2014

On Mi, 2014-02-05 at 02:42 -0800, Frogger wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to mux two streams (audio AAC and video H264) to mp4 file using
> RTPBin.
>
> [...]
>

> Server start to stream and finish correctly at the end of file; client
> remain stuck as if waiting for something.

As this is raw RTP over UDP the client will wait for more data, it does
not know that the server has stopped. You'll have to communicate this
with another protocol like RTSP, or just send an EOS event yourself to
the client pipelines once they should be shut down.

Expertise, Straight from the Source