stop image formation

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Feb 14 14:04:51 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-02-13 at 20:36 -0800, prkhr4u wrote:
> I am trying to take a snapshot and save it as a bitmap from a mjpg stream.
> I am using the following command:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc location="http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg" !
> jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_bmp ! multifilesink location="abc.bmp"
>
> When I run this command,it starts taking bitmap images and takes them
> continuously and doesn't stop. Along with abc.bmp, a temporary file
> "abc.bmp.WLQBBX(last name keeps changing)" is also formed.
> I want to take snapshot only once and stop the process.

gst-launch is just a debugging tool, it's not meant for writing
applications. I don't think you can do what you want with gst-launch,
but instead you'll have to write some code to do that. Should be
possible in a small Python script with just a few lines of code.

As an example look at the code of the totem video thumbnailer, but this
already does much much more than what you want to do:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/totem/tree/src/totem-video-thumbnailer.c

Expertise, Straight from the Source