Multiple pipeline with OpenGL and vaapi elements

adrien_sch adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 06:31:59 PST 2014

This is my vainfo output :

libva info: VA-API version 0.34.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_34
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.34 (libva 1.2.2.pre1)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver - 1.2.2.pre2
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileNone                   :	VAEntrypointVideoProc
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVC1Simple              :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:	VAEntrypointEncSlice

Using a matroska H264 (High) video file.

I'm currently still running some test, but I observed these unexcepted
behaviors :

- At startup (sometimes) segfault in gl-elements
- At startup (sometimes) one or multiple windows are displayed
- libva : output two error message (at startup) : libva-glx error : failed
to bind pixmap / failed to release pixmap
- Memory leak
- After a while, freeze and output "Maximum number of clients reached"

In these elements, I want to say that there is probably a memory leak that
generate the two last observations (maybe the context isn't free correctly)
and a race problem in gl element.

I will fill two bugs with more informations.

Video samle :
http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/h264_1080p_hp_4.1_10mbps_dts_unstyled_subs_monsters.mkv
Code : http://pastebin.com/0eUBHi6X
Instructions : Play with variables : simultaneousDisplay, displayCount
Instructions :